What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia is one of the species of the garcinia genus. It is also known as Malabar tamarind and Assam fruit among others. It is a tropical fruit resembling a pumpkin. It is native to Indonesia but can be found in other parts of the world. This green to pale yellow fruit mostly grows in moist forests. It has a variety of colors. However, as the fruit dries up, it changes to black or dark brown. It has in the recent past received enormous attention due to reports that it is actually good for losing weight.
Uses of Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- Culinary purposes – In most countries especially in the East, it is a good ingredient. Commonly, it is used to make curries. However, the culinary use sometimes depends on the country and the tradition of the people. For example, in India and Thailand, it is an important additive in curries. The garcinia cambogia extract and rind are believed to aid digestion by activating it.
- Traditional medicine – Garcinia cambogia extract has been extensively used to ease constipation. It is used as a traditional laxative. Its use as a laxative is however limited. This is because excess consumption leads to diarrhea.
- Weight loss – There have been reports that state that garcinia cambogia extract is actually good for weight loss. People began talking about this fruit as a weight loss product as early as 1998 but it caused enormous stirs in the market in 2012 when Dr. Oz, a television personality in the United States promoted it.
How Does It Work?
Several research studies have revealed that garcinia cambogia extract has one main element that deals with certain health conditions. Hydroxycitric Acid, commonly referred to as HCA is the active ingredient in garcinia cambogia extract. It has two main effects in the body.
- Hunger-suppressant – It activates increase of serotonin in the brain. This in turn makes one feel fuller than he actually is. Ultimately, one loses appetite as well as food cravings. This is especially effective in stopping one from taking carbohydrates and foods rich in sugar.
- Fat blocking – HCA in garcinia cambogia extract inhibits the production of citrate lyase, a fat producing enzyme. This in turn prevents conversion of excess carbohydrates into fat.
What Are The Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- Energy boosting – Instead of carbohydrates being converted to fats, this extract will aid more conversion of carbohydrates to energy.
- Fat burning – In addition to blocking fat, the extract has elements that cause fat burning, leading to weight loss.
- Appetite suppressing -After ingesting the extract, one ends up feeling fuller than he or she is. This reduces the urge to want to eat.
Garcinia for Weight Loss
Several reports have concluded that garcinia cambogia extract is a great weight loss aid. Experts advise that one should take one capsule an hour before taking meals. Additionally, for best results, one should choose a capsule with a minimum of 400mg. The extract does not produce the desired results within the given time in case a capsule is less than 400mg.
The product must also have 50% HCA and above, in order to achieve its maximum efficacy.
Unlike other weight loss products that burn fat, garcinia cambogia extract blocks fat. This is a more effective method of combating weight issues, making the extract one of the best in the market today.
What Are The Side Effects?
- Diarrhea- This is mainly due to its laxative effect.
- Digestive tract discomfort
This is not a cause for alarm because they are manageable effects. Nevertheless, in case they get serious, one should consult a medical doctor for special treatment.
How to Choose the Best Vendor
Garcinia cambogia extract is one of the most sought-after products. This has unfortunately led to several scams ripping people off their hard earned money. To avoid getting conned, certain things must be checked.
- Money-back guarantee – An authentic vendor will ensure that there is a money-back guarantee offer. This is proof that the product is actually of good quality.
- Quality assurance – The product must not be less than 400mg. Additionally, it must contain 50% HCA and above.
To conclude, you do not have to take serious diet plans in order to lose weight. Try garcinia cambogia extract and you will never regret.